- Embassy News
- About Mongolia
- Mongolia – Australia Relations
- Mongolians in Australia
06.24-08.01. The Mongolian visiting fellows involving 12 journalists from broadcast and print media attended to the ‘’The Study Tour” for six-week program visiting Melbourne, Brisbane, Parkes, Sydney hosted by Asia Pacific Journalism Centre. The underlying theme of the program, called Media, Mining and Communities, was to explore how Australian practice in mining and journalism can help Mongolian news media analyse and report more effectively the mining sector in their society, promoting development that is more shared and sustainable. Supported by AusAID under its Australian Leadership Awards (ALA) Fellowships scheme, the program was run in partnership with the Press Institute of Mongolia, with which the APJC has a four-year association.
The visiting fellows are as follows:
10. Ms Ulziisaikhan Geldee, Mongol news media group
11. Mr Adiyakhuu Batbazar, Montsame News Agency
12. Ms Gunjidmaa Gongor, Press Institute of Mongolia
06. The Ambassador Bold met Dr Nikki Williams, Chief Executive Officer of the Australian Coal Association and exchanged views on Australian Coal Mining policy.
The Ambassador visited the Australian Strategic Policy Institute and welcomed by Mr. Peter Jennings, Executive Director of the Institute.
09. The Ambassador visited the Australian Institute of International Affairs (AIIA) and met Ms Melissa H Conley Tyler National Executive Director, Mr Ian Dudgeon, President, of the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) Branch of The Institute.
11. On the occasion of the Mongolian National Day, the special page about Mongolia was published on “Canberra Times”, “City news” on 11 July, 2012.
The visit to Brisbane
“Doing Business in Mongolia, Bridge to Mongolia” the roundtable discussion held by The Queensland Government Department of Trade and Investment and Linklaters Allen company involving 24 representatives from the education, finance and mining sectors of Queensland, In Brisbane. Ambassador Bold made a presentation to the roundtable about Mongolia-Australia relations.
23. The Ambassador met Dr Christopher Peters AM OI JP, Chief Executive of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ACT).
24. The Ambassador made call on Ms Kirsten Livermore MP – Head of Mongolian Friendship Group in Australian Parliament.
Ms Heather Smith Deputy Secretary, North East Asia Branch (NEB) of DFAT and Assistant Secretary Mr Gerald Thomson welcomed the Ambassador at DFAT
Embassy of Mongolia
23 Culgoa Circuit
O’Malley, ACT 2606
E-mail : email@example.com
Tel: +61 (02) 62862947
Fax: +61 (02) 62866381